Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A - Z Challenge - Day 4 - Desserts..!

There's a famous saying which says, "If you're stressed,have a dessert! As it  is spelled backwards" Yet am a sweet toothed girl who is very much fond of desserts. I used to fill my mouth with some dessert if I am happy,excited,tensed,worried irrespective of my mood.
This post is about six of the best desserts I have ever had in Chennai.


1.Waffles with Maple syrup at Ciclo cafe,Kotturpuram.

The Waffles were spongy and soft. Dipped in maple syrup,it went straight to the stomach. The Maple syrup was amazing that I kept on licking my fingers. It was neither too sweet nor sour. It gave an unique taste.
Chocolate Whip waffles were good too.Yet this was better.




2. Blueberry Cheesecake at Trident,Trisulam

One could feel the flavor of blueberry in each and every bit of the cake. The crispy cake crest, white spongy cheesy cake with the very tasty blueberry sauce topping went very with the blueberry ice-cream. We ordered for another scoop of ice cream for we couldn't control our taste buds. The food presentation was appetizing with a layer of chocolate chip on the top.




3. Gulab Jamun with Vanilla ice cream at Pind, Velachery


 Who would not love Gulab Jamun, the king of Indian desserts?? Hot hot gulab jamuns with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is my most favourite ever. Though I have had this dessert at various places, this place won my heart. Gulab Jamuns gave a strong smell of pure ghee. They were melting in my mouth. I had some 3-4 cups of this and my taste buds felt in love with the dish! The next time, I had it with strawberry ice cream which didn't go well with the Jamuns!




4. Royal Fruit Salad at Fruit Shop,Greams road

It neither tasted like Falooda nor had the taste of usual Fruit salad with ice cream. The odour and taste of fresh fruits mixed with condensed milk and topped with crispy cashews roasted in ghee was indeed a treat for my stomach in the very hot summer. I was reminded of the south Tamilian drink, Jigarthanda, after having 4-5 spoons of it. There was an another version of this which was topped with chocolate and strawberry syrup. The food presentation of the later was not that much attractive as the former.





5. Red Velvet Cake at CK Bakery, West Mambalam

After watching the Malayalam movie, Premam, I not only  felt in love with Nivin Pauly, but also with this Red Velvet cake. A delicious layer of red velvet, topped with fresh cream, again a layer of red velvet was a delight indeed. Both the flavors had a great fight in winning the hearts of my taste buds. We also had lime-cheese cake which was an absolute disaster. I didn't mind as I was totally contented with this dessert!






6. Jilaebis at Sowcarpet.

Every foodie has an abundant love towards Street food. One could find hot hot jilaebis at every damn shop in sowcarpet! The aroma of freshly prepared juicy jilaebi with slight tanginess accompanied with over sweetness  is a great feast to one's tongue!  I could feel the journey of every single piece right from my mouth, oesophagus and finaly reaching the tummy! It was too delicious and appetizing that one would even have some 10-12 jilaebis for his meal.





Have you ever had any sweet experiences with desserts? Share them with me in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. There are some tasty looking desserts in this post. They all sound delicious but I'd go for the waffles and maple syrup or the blueberry cheesecake. Yummy! WeekendsInMaine

    ReplyDelete