Saturday, April 1, 2017

A to Z Challenge - Day 1 - Ambition.


I was trying to reset the password of  my email which was created a decade ago. The security question read "What's your ambition?" I was totally puzzled with that. I don't know what to reply for I had many ambitions in different stages of my life!

While I was doing my primary school, my reply would be "A poet" whenever I was put up with the same question. As I used to scribble some 4-5 lines ending with rhyming words, I thought that I would become a great poet. Grammar was the only subject in which I used to excel with good grades. Yet becoming a professional poet/writer is still a burning desire for me.
As moving to higher grades, Chemistry fascinated me. Not the one that exists between a couple while performing a duet. The one which deals with everything deep. And then, I wanted to become a chemist or a scientist.! I really wanted to invent something and make a new entry to the periodic table. But all my love towards chemistry helped me only to score a good score in board exams.
When I doing my higher secondary classes, an advertisement in the dailies came to my notice. That was about ISAT exam, an entrance examination to get into Indian Institute of Space Technology. My ambition was to explore beyond the blue yonder. I even had a picture of Kalpana Chawla in my wallet. Since I met with failure in the very first attempt, my aim of becoming an astronaut got into vain.
Out of destiny, I was forced to choose Bioinformatics course in my college. My hatred towards biology grew in an exponential way since the day I got into that course. All those four years, I literally survived in Biology related classes for the sake of attendance! On the other hand, I was the topper in programming papers. I loved IT concerned classes and used to listen to the professors with utmost concentration! My ambition then was to get into a bread winning job which eventually got fulfilled. Smiling to myself, I locked my PC and the screensaver read,

"Ambition is believing in yourself when no else does!"

5 comments:

  1. good question...
    ambition is (to me) what drives people's every day life. like a mean to the destination, the power that drives people to achieve their goal... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one. Ambition, for me is to believe in our focus and keep working towards it even when situations are wayward

    ReplyDelete